Sunday, August 7, 2011

A note to parents

I decided to take a fairly casual tone in this blog as opposed to writing press releases. You run the risk of offending people sometimes when you do that. Hope no one was too put off. The parental support of this endeavor (The World Championships) was incredible. I know how much it meant to the kids and coaches to have parents in the stands and at home going crazy cheering for our crews. I want to thank you on behalf of the whole US team for your commitment to support our efforts.

As we continue to develop the JNT experience the feedback of our the athletes' parents is crucial. If you have a comment you'd like to make I'd like to hear it. Not necessarily about the camp, the selection process or the coaching. Those comments need to be directed to the coaches. In my role as manager this year I'd like to see if I can make some notes for the next time that relate to communication with parents, before and during the event. This blog was one experiment, but there is plenty of room for more development.

nickhaley@comcast.net

Thanks for your support. Go USA!

1 comment:

  1. Nick- thank you for the excellent blog. I follow the Juniors very closely- every year both the athletes and coaches really deliver- and I love getting the behind the scenes info. Was a parent at Junior Worlds in Beijing 07 and loved every second of the experience. Keep it going and good luck in the upcoming year.Beth Kohl

    ReplyDelete